Peanut Butter Cups, Cook This…Get Laid Style

Share, if you dare...Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Here comes dessert, along with the first episode on the Cook This…Get Laid You Tube channel!

Before I speak about this decadent recipe, let’s all repeat my favorite mantra: eating healthy is a balance.  This includes the occasional indulgence, while watching your portion sizes.  In my video, I demonstrate how to make a large batch of peanut butter cups, but this doesn’t mean that you and your beloved need to sit down and eat all at one sitting.  If anything, eat two or three per person, then take the rest to the office or to your neighbors house.  We’re talkin’ moderation and deliciousness!  Other recipes call for the addition of confectioners sugar, which is not necessary.  Simplicity and four ingredients are all you need here!  Along with some willpower.

Which we clearly do not have in our household, as there were no PB cups left in our freezer today.  They were polished off in no time flat.  I just whipped up a few more since a new batch is easy to make.  Enjoy, and let me know how your homemade PBCs turn out!

Mona’s Peanut Butter Cups

• 10 ounces of bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
  • 1 pinch (or a half teaspoon) of kosher or sea salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
  • 3 heaping tablespoons of organic creamy peanut butter, or make your own for much less money and better flavor
  • miniature cupcake tins/holders

Your first step: melt the chocolate.  Boil 3 cups of water in a kettle.  Chop all of the chocolate into small pieces, then place in a metal or glass bowl.  Place the bowl into a large skillet, and fill the skillet with hot water.  Over a medium heat, start to stir the chocolate. Take it slow my babies, take it slow.  It should take about 5 minutes, but make sure you keep a good watch over the chocolate. If there’s too much steam, turn the heat down so your chocolate won’t scorch.

Once the chocolate is fully melted, remove from the heat and place the cupcake holders on a baking sheet.

Now create the base for the peanut butter cup.  Take a teaspoon full of chocolate and spread it around the mini cupcake tin.  Don’t worry about it being perfect, it’ll turn out delicious.  Once you’re done, place those in the freezer for 30 minutes.

While the base is freezing, prepare the peanut butter filling.  This part was the most difficult for me, I have to taste it often.  Take those three big ass tablespoons of peanut butter and place them in a bowl, and heat it up for :30 seconds or until it gets soft and easy to work with.  Then add the vanilla, salt and mix until very well blended.  Then remove the cups from the freezer and add a small dollop of softened peanut butter into the cup. Not too high, you’ll be adding chocolate on top in a second.

Take the rest of the chocolate, and top off your PB cups.  Use the teaspoon to smooth it around the top.  Perfection is not key here, deliciousness is. Put it back in the freezer for an hour, and remove the tin wrappers right away.  Store in a large plastic bag.

This is a lesson in self-control.  Just eat a few my people.  Just a few.

Love to you and your food.

Mona

About Mona

I'm a food writer and home cook that loves to talk about healthy food and romance.
This entry was posted in Dessert, Late Night Snack and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

78 Responses to Peanut Butter Cups, Cook This…Get Laid Style

1. donna says:

I thoroughly enjoyed the Peanut Butter Cups video. I am amazed how easy and how quick it was to make those scrumptious homemade ‘healthier’ treats. I will test them on the grandkids this weekend. I am making a double recipe, using smooth and/or chunky peanut butter. What is the best way to store them? Thanks.

Thanks Donna!

I store them in a plastic sealable storage bag in the freezer. Let me know how they turn out for you!

2. Carly Miller says:

Thank you for your commitment to balance – indulging once in a while in something that makes me happy has been so essential to my healthy lifestyle, but not many people talk about eating healthy as a balanced lifestyle and not a feat of deprivation.

• Mona says:

Thank you Carly! I believe in this wholeheartedly. When I made the switch to healthy eating, being deprived was my biggest fear. Only to find that my fear was unfounded. Thanks for reading!

3. Kim Hawkins says:

Two of my favorite things, dark chocolate and peanut butter!

4. Sherie says:

These look absolutely delicious and they are gluten free as well! Yay! Great video!

• Mona says:

Thanks Sherie! My blog is entirely gluten-free, without screaming from the rooftops “gluten-free blog.”

5. WOW! I absolutely love your recipe! I also love dark chocolate and peanut butter although I’ve never had them together! Now, I have something to consider making…next healthy craving! Thank you!

• Mona says:

You will LOVE them, let me know how they turn out!

And if you want a little kick, sprinkle some chili powder.

6. Liz Maness says:

Ohh my this looks great! I love your video soon or later I’m gonna learn to be a good cook! LOL I’ll have to try to do these I love peanut butter cups. You make it look easy!

7. AJ Perisho says:

My favorite, peanut butter and chocolate!

8. wow – you do make getting laid look like an easy task!!! hahaha – wish I were a baker! great job! Patricia

9. Max M. says:

There is no way I make these and ONLY eat a few!

• Mona says:

It is an exercise in self-discipline! But the dark chocolate has a high cocoa content. So it is very hard to eat more than a few, as they’re REALLY rich.

Or you can invite friends over and wow them over your culinary prowess!

10. Edmund Lee says:

Sounds delicious!! And the best part? … the # of ingredients was narrowed down to only FOUR things! Way to go with the simplicity!

11. I Can’t wait to get laid,,,I mean, make this recipe! 🙂 Looks awesome. I love your URL btw. Thanks for sharing, my whole family love peanut butter cups.

12. OMG! Chocolate and Peanut Butter is my absolute favorite combination! I will have to try this recipe out! Thank you for sharing!

13. Di Davis says:

Yummy! And, with all organic ingredients, it would be as healthy as a treat can be!

• Mona says:

The recipe is definitely healthier than many traditional desserts, we all just need to keep things in balance.

Thanks for reading my blog!

14. Hey Lady! I saw this on YouTube and loved it. You made it look soo easy, I am going to try these!

15. Ronae Jull says:

Perfection:-) Peanut butter cups homemade is SOO much better!
    And thanks for the “moderation” reminder!

16. Ooooh! Yummy! Also two of MY favourite ingredients and I’m gluten free too. Didn’t realise these could be so easy!

17. Kim Garst says:

Looks delish! Peanut butter cups is one of my faves so I will have to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing!!

• Mona says:

Thanks Kim! My husband made these for me this week, and he added some cayenne pepper-which was just incredible. Thanks for reading my blog!

18. Tony Taylor says:

That looks so YUM!!! Maybe when I can get off my diet I can try this recipe.

• Mona says:

Tony, you can totally eat a few of these and get some of the good cholesterol along with the good fat. The trick is only eating a few, right?

Thanks for reading!

19. Stacey Myers says:

I love your website. Great recipe!

20. Michele says:

Wow…these look amazing. Although we are not quite vegan, we strive. Have to consider these! Thanks for the great video. Love your URL!

21. Anita says:

This one is already in my recipe book 🙂 Thanks for sharing it and I love the name of your blog! Great way to market:)

22. Eating healthy is a balance! Woo hoo, I’m so glad this is true! These peanut butter cups look delicious! Thanks for sharing, Mona!

23. OMG this looks totally yummy and easy to do! This is a great idea for a Valentine’s Day gift, too. (note to self) Thanks Mona!

• Mona says:

I’ll be posting this as part of a full Valentine’s Day meal! Thank you Lisa, as always for your comments.

24. Rob Hodgins says:

“This is a lesson in self-control. Just eat a few my people. Just a few.”
    I wonder how many people followed this advice? 🙂

Great recipe! Thank you for posting it.

• Mona says:

It’s a good question Rob! When you make them, let me know if you can eat just a few. Thanks for coming to my blog.

25. Solvita says:

Thank you so much ~it was so great to see the video too.Thank you Mona for delicious peanut butter cups! 🙂

26. Yummo!! Guess what we’ll be making this weekend!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe..I can only eat dark chocolate so it’s nice to see this healthier version of peanut butter cups..Thanks:)

27. Mouth watering stuff, Mona. And you expect us to exercise self-control? You are wicked!;)

28. Tara says:

What a great recipe Mona! Thanks 🙂

29. Marie Leslie says:

These are definitely going to be Sunday dessert this week! Yum! thanks for sharing.

30. Carol Giambri says:

Thanks for sharing your recipe. Glad to pass it on as I am not a peanut butter lady but many are. I used to eat tons in the jar however.

• Mona says:

Carol, make this as dessert for the next party you throw or for your co-workers! They’ll love it.

31. I will never stop loving the name of your site! Now – what can you tell me about almond butter?

Oooh Rhonda,

ALMOND BUTTER is so much better (lower in fat) than peanut butter. In fact, I think we’ll try almond peanut butter cups this week!

32. Jennifer says:

Love the video, but how could I possibly eat just a few?! Another of your recipes that I’m adding to my “to make” list ~ thanks for sharing. I also love the fact that you can use real peanut butter in these. Most recipes recommend using the fake stuff for best results.

33. I LOVE dark chocolate (80%+) and natural peanut butter together. That is nearly always my treat. Yummy!

34. Matthew Reed says:

Making these for v’tines day. Now, doou have a heart shaped box source?

35. Yes!! Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my all-time favorite treats. I love dark chocolate and no-sugar-added PB so making these at home would be much healthier!

36. Pingback: 10 Delicious Bites for the Holidays | Cook This…Get Laid

37. Pingback: International Hot & Spicy Day | Cook This…Get Laid

38. Heather says:

Hey Mona,
    I’m a friend of your niece in Madrid. I’ve linked this recipe to the Cacao article on my website…hope that’s okay. Love your work! Xx