A Mean, Green Cook This…Get Laid Recipe: Arugula Salad

Share, if you dare...Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Easy salad recipe? Watch this!  Press “play, “or just check it out the good old-fashioned way by reading it below.

I make a mean salad.  Now you can too.  And there’s no excuse!  Even if you can’t boil water, this recipe takes less than five steps to having something wonderful prepared for your lovely lady.

Arugula Salad Recipe

• 2 cups (or two large handfuls) of chopped arugula
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
  • 1 handful (aka 1/4 cup) of sunflower seeds
  • Optional: 1/4 cup sheep’s milk feta cheese (has more nutrients than cow’s milk)
  • juice from one a half lemon

Combine all ingredients, toss, serve – and eat.  Seriously, it’s THAT easy.

Pin It

About Mona

I'm a food writer and home cook that loves to talk about healthy food and romance.
This entry was posted in Salad and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to A Mean, Green Cook This…Get Laid Recipe: Arugula Salad

1. denny hagel says:

Oooo sounds yummy! We are a salad loving family so will surely try this! Thanks!

2. Kim Hawkins says:

Love simple healthy dishes like this. Thanks for sharing Mona!

3. Matthew Reed says:

I used to HATE arugula. I like it now, but not by itself. i like to mix it with other greens

4. Carly Miller says:

I love how simple this salad is to make – yet so mouthwatering! I sometimes feel daunted by new recipes but love to eat healthy…keep the salad ideas coming! Can you recommend a good salad recipe with avocados?

5. Anthony E. says:

Great recipe! I dont usually cook much, but I might have to try this:)

6. shelley says:

this goes on my healthy living recipe list! yum! thanks mona!
    hugs,
    shelley

7. I like it a new approach to salad is exciting.

8. Hooray for arugula! This is a lettuce that bites back! I always sprinkle it into a simple green drink – it tastes like the gourmet green that it truly is. Waiting on that avocado salad recipe…

9. Anita says:

I know whats on the menu for lunch tomorrow 😉 Thanks!

10. Sounds delicious and healthy! Great video as well…

11. Helena says:

I’m not an overly big lover of salad but this recipe definitely catches my interest. I’ll definitely be testing this out. Thanks Mona!

12. Carol Giambri says:

Love and grow Arugula. It has a nice kick to. Being vegan I don’t do the dairy but have similar ideas you share. Great post. Thanks.

13. Jennifer says:

Thanks Mona, I love arugula and the 5 minutes it takes to fix it fits perfectly into my schedule!

14. The more I hear about arugula, the better it appeals to me. Not something I’ve ever had but I promise to try it soon. Thanks for more info!!
    The LEARNED Preneur @ NormaDoiron.NET

• Mona says:

It is really good, just be prepared that it’s very unique. It has a very distinct and peppery flavor. But it is just incredible. Let me know what you think!

P.S. It grows VERY easily in the garden too.

15. Thanks for a GREAT simple and yummy recipe…Arugula is so fun to use since it adds such great spice and crunch 🙂

16. I love reading your blog every week! I’d much rather have sheep cheese or raw cheese than any other kind. Tastes better and full of so many nutrients! Thanks, Mona

17. LOVE arugula/rocket. Have it growing in the garden and preparing to plant a new autumn crop in the next few weeks. And you are right, sheeps milk products are far superior nutritionally to cows!

18. You are amazing! Love everything you share!

19. This seems so easy and healthy too, Mona. I’m just trying to find arugula in India. As usual, I love your video – you’re way too cool sistah! ♥

20. Pingback: Perfect Ideas for Valentine’s Day | Cook This…Get Laid